Who is the dance teacher taking the classes?
My name is Jo Heath and I have been teaching dance and exercise classes for over 30 years.
- 1974-89 Trained in ballet, modern and tap with the ‘Richmond Academy of Dance’.
- 1989-94 Gained a BAHons degree in contemporary dance and art at Roehampton University.
- 1994-2000 Performed for six years with the ‘Sadler’s Wells Contemporary Dance Company ’.
- 1993 Gained RSA (Exercise to Music) qualification with the YMCA.
- 1993-94 Freelance Aerobic Instructor.
- 1994 Gained a Diploma in Sports Injury Massage at St Mary’s University.
- 1994-present day – Work as a ‘Sports Development Manager’ at Kingston University.
- 1997-98 Set up, directed, choreographed and performed with my own Contemporary Dance Company, ‘Placebo’ with fellow members of ‘Sadler’s Wells Contemporary Dance Company’.
- 2000-2005 Set up, directed and choreographed a Performing Contemporary Dance Company called ‘Strut’ for Kingston University students.
- 2007-Gained PALS (Performance & Lifestyle Mentoring) qualification at St Mary’s University.
- 2012-Gained the ‘BarreConcept’, ‘Skills Active’ accredited training – to become one of the first internationally accredited instructors in the UK.
- 2012- Performed in the Opening Ceremonies of the Olympic & Paralympic Games.
- 2013 – Sat on the National Governing Body steering group for EMD (Exercise, Movement & Dance).
- 2015 – Trained by Darcey Bussell and Nathan Clarke to become a qualified DDMIX instructor.
- Member of the ‘Register of Exercise Professionals’.
- Fully qualified First Aider.
- Fully insured and CRB/DBS checked.
Who are the classes for?
The classes are for ladies only, with a maximum of 5 in each class. All abilities are welcome and there is no previous dance experience or tutu required. All participants must fill in a ‘Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire’ before starting classes which will include questions regarding your health.